PostPosted: 05 Mar 2017, 07:26 
Admin

Post any reviews here ..

Post subject: Re: Reviews - Live on Tour 2017
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017, 06:39 
Admin

Jonathan Ansell‏Verified account @JonathanAnsell 8h8 hours ago
More
Night off tonight from #G4Live (review below) so experiencing an evening of Jazz @TheJazzCafe with @olinezmusic

Quote:
http://nightsoutinnewcastle.co.uk/g4-playhouse-whitley-bay-review/

G4 at Playhouse Whitley Bay review

Posted under: Articles, Events, Nights Out, Reviews
G4 Live in concert

~ a guest blog and feature image by Mandy Charlton

Anyone who’s of a certain age will surely remember G4 as being the first ever runners up of the XFactor back in 2004, from humble beginnings as a barbershop quartet G4 have gone from strength to strength with their unique brand of “Popera” which has won them love and acclaim all over the world.

The band briefly disbanded in 2007 but in 2014 they came back, bigger and better than ever, they have been delighting audiences ever since with their own operatic delivery of some of the biggest pop songs of today.

G4 are touring with their latest album “Love Songs” and it seems they are brighter and more brilliant than ever, the energy, the melodies and harmonies were flawless, the arrangements of some of the greatest love songs of our times are a symphonic delight and whilst the choreography and occasional cheesy moments proves that these 4 singing wonders are not blessed with dancing feet you cannot help but lose your heart to an extraordinary evening of sublime music.

The show opened with “Your Song” and closed with “The Voice” The string accompaniment by Sorrell Strings was perfect, put together with the exceptional talent of Sax/flute/clarinet player Oli Nez and the outstanding piano arrangements of Richard Jones, I cannot fault even a single second of the concert.

G4 are at times joined by the winner of the Chinese XFactor Mary Jess and I have to admit being a little taken aback when she had her moment in the spotlight singing Chinese opera but boy can that girl sing, I’ve never been so blown away by something so unexpected.

When the end of the concert did come a well deserved standing ovation happened and as G4 burst into “Barcelona” my heart felt happy for having experienced such an amazing night of musical delights.

The great thing about G4 is that you feel that you are really there with them, Jonathan Ansell even appears in the crowd at one point and afterwards the band were present to sign their new CD’s delighting the die hard fans, you don’t often get that at concerts and for me it just added a little nod that they were grateful to have retained their fans for so many years. If you get the chance to see G4, they’re touring the length and breadth of Great Britain during March and they’re over in Ireland in September, I can promise you that if you do go along that you will enjoy an evening of music so wonderful that you will remember it for years to come.

~ a guest blog by Mandy Charlton

Ben Thapa‏ @BenThapa82 11h11 hours ago
More
Ben Thapa Retweeted Chris Howard
Great and fair review. Thanks Chris!

Quote:
Chris Howard‏
@CRaBHoward

On 05/03 @jonathanansell @BenThapa82 @MCClubOfficial @nashbybass blew the roof off THE APEX #EastAnglia #livereview:
Quote:
https://crabpendium.wordpress.com/2017/03/06/g4-live-in-concert-live-review/

G4 LIVE IN CONCERT (LIVE REVIEW)
MARCH 6, 2017

Sunday 5th March 2017 – The Apex, Bury St. Edmunds – 7:30pm

http://www.G4official.com – Ticketmaster hotline: 0333 321 9999

G-UNITED

As runners up of the very first series of The X-Factor back in 2004 (won by Steve Brookstein, fact fans), classical crossover four piece G4 pioneered the “popera” movement long before Blake, Rhydian, Susan Boyle, Richard & Adam, Jonathan & Charlotte and Collabro (who I have also seen live, on their Act Two Tour last March) brought Les Mis to mainstream attention.

After three successful albums selling over two million copies, resentment within the troupe and lead singer Jonathan Ansell’s desire to go it alone lead to the original line-up disbanding in 2007. However, 2014 saw a tenth anniversary reunion of three original members: high tenor Ansell, low tenor Ben Thapa and baritone Mike Christie. Incoming bass singer Nick Ashby stepped in to Mike Stiff’s slot, after Stiff declined. A Christmas album and Back For Good Tour followed.

Last night saw the former barbershop quartet from the Guildhall School of Music bring their latest 31-stop tour to Bury St Edmund’s swanky modern venue The Apex for a sell-out performance in front of over 750 East Anglians. We were welcomed into the venue to the harmonious voices of the Sound Collective Chorus, who were performing on the balcony prior to the gig-proper’s 7:30pm start time.

Sat to the rear of the shallow-but-multi-levelled auditorium, the set kicked off in surprising fashion when accompanying saxophonist Oli Nez began a short warm-up routine from the back entrance while the lights were still up! He traversed through the crowd, occasionally sitting next to a shock patron or two, as he made his way to the stage. While he confessed his track selection was typically traditional (he even began “The Pink Panther” at one point!), he made an impression with his witty audience interaction.

After introducing the headliners, Oli took a seat on the stage and he remained there for the rest of the night. He was joined in residence by a pianist and trio Sorrelli Strings, who really exemplified the authenticity of G4’s voices with their musical accompaniment to all their best-known interpretations (“the G4 classics,” as Jonathan labelled them), as well as all thirteen tracks from their new Love Songs album, released just three weeks ago.

G4 Jonathan Ansell sings to crowdWith Coldplay’s “Yellow”, Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “Nessun Dorma” among the hits, this was archetypal safe-zone “popera” fare, but then they had to give the crowd what they came to hear. And with repartee to rival Oli’s, the G4 lads elevated and personalised the live experience with heart and humour, often picking out audience members to serenade, present roses to – or sit next to, in Jonathan’s case! Hosting duties were well shared between the four, even if Jonathan and Ben seemed to get the lion’s share of the lead vocals come song time.

The Sound Collective Chorus were twice integrated into the set, while Oli Nez was given a further solo. Gorgeous support soprano Mary-Jess (China’s ‘X-Factor’ champion and singer of the Downtown Abbey theme, no less!) also joined the lad’s thrice (each time in a dazzling new dress!) and was also given the stage to herself for a further showcase of her sensational talent. There were times when the evening felt more like a variety show than G4 & Friends, but the group’s breaks were far better integrated into a much freer flowing second half.

G4The concert came to a triumphant crescendo during “Barcelona” with the stage full of every artist who had contributed throughout the evening. A grand experience was capped off with a personable album signing and selfie opportunity in the foyer following the rousing encore. Each of the lads (as well as Oli and Mary-Jess) took real time to interact with each fan, regardless of how tired they must have felt! Their conversations were warm and genuine and they came across as true gents. Bravo, G4.

CR@B’s Claw Score: 4 stars

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2017, 06:36 
Admin

Mike Christie Retweeted
Chris Howard‏ @CRaBHoward Mar 8
More
Attending 2nite's #G4Live #LoveSongs Tour @ahttw #TunbridgeWells? Read my #review of their recent #BuryStEdmunds set

Quote:
https://crabpendium.wordpress.com/2017/03/06/g4-live-in-concert-live-review/

G4 LIVE IN CONCERT (LIVE REVIEW)
MARCH 6, 2017

Sunday 5th March 2017 – The Apex, Bury St. Edmunds – 7:30pm

www.G4official.com – Ticketmaster hotline: 0333 321 9999

G-UNITED

As runners up of the very first series of The X-Factor back in 2004 (won by Steve Brookstein, fact fans), classical crossover four piece G4 pioneered the “popera” movement long before Blake, Rhydian, Susan Boyle, Richard & Adam, Jonathan & Charlotte and Collabro (who I have also seen live, on their Act Two Tour last March) brought Les Mis to mainstream attention.

After three successful albums selling over two million copies, resentment within the troupe and lead singer Jonathan Ansell’s desire to go it alone lead to the original line-up disbanding in 2007. However, 2014 saw a tenth anniversary reunion of three original members: high tenor Ansell, low tenor Ben Thapa and baritone Mike Christie. Incoming bass singer Nick Ashby stepped in to Mike Stiff’s slot, after Stiff declined. A Christmas album and Back For Good Tour followed.

Last night saw the former barbershop quartet from the Guildhall School of Music bring their latest 31-stop tour to Bury St Edmund’s swanky modern venue The Apex for a sell-out performance in front of over 750 East Anglians. We were welcomed into the venue to the harmonious voices of the Sound Collective Chorus, who were performing on the balcony prior to the gig-proper’s 7:30pm start time.

Sat to the rear of the shallow-but-multi-levelled auditorium, the set kicked off in surprising fashion when accompanying saxophonist Oli Nez began a short warm-up routine from the back entrance while the lights were still up! He traversed through the crowd, occasionally sitting next to a shock patron or two, as he made his way to the stage. While he confessed his track selection was typically traditional (he even began “The Pink Panther” at one point!), he made an impression with his witty audience interaction.

After introducing the headliners, Oli took a seat on the stage and he remained there for the rest of the night. He was joined in residence by a pianist and trio Sorrelli Strings, who really exemplified the authenticity of G4’s voices with their musical accompaniment to all their best-known interpretations (“the G4 classics,” as Jonathan labelled them), as well as all thirteen tracks from their new Love Songs album, released just three weeks ago.

G4 Jonathan Ansell sings to crowdWith Coldplay’s “Yellow”, Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “Nessun Dorma” among the hits, this was archetypal safe-zone “popera” fare, but then they had to give the crowd what they came to hear. And with repartee to rival Oli’s, the G4 lads elevated and personalised the live experience with heart and humour, often picking out audience members to serenade, present roses to – or sit next to, in Jonathan’s case! Hosting duties were well shared between the four, even if Jonathan and Ben seemed to get the lion’s share of the lead vocals come song time.

The Sound Collective Chorus were twice integrated into the set, while Oli Nez was given a further solo. Gorgeous support soprano Mary-Jess (China’s ‘X-Factor’ champion and singer of the Downtown Abbey theme, no less!) also joined the lad’s thrice (each time in a dazzling new dress!) and was also given the stage to herself for a further showcase of her sensational talent. There were times when the evening felt more like a variety show than G4 & Friends, but the group’s breaks were far better integrated into a much freer flowing second half.

G4The concert came to a triumphant crescendo during “Barcelona” with the stage full of every artist who had contributed throughout the evening. A grand experience was capped off with a personable album signing and selfie opportunity in the foyer following the rousing encore. Each of the lads (as well as Oli and Mary-Jess) took real time to interact with each fan, regardless of how tired they must have felt! Their conversations were warm and genuine and they came across as true gents. Bravo, G4.

CR@B’s Claw Score: 4 stars

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017, 12:35 
Super Duper Fan

It was very windy on Worthing sea front last night and I regretted only wearing a light jacket. That was the only negative though, in a great evening!

I was pleasantly surprised by the Pavilion Theatre. A lot of old seaside theatres, particularly those at the end of piers, are quite run-down but this one is well maintained and attractive. We were quite early and waited in the foyer out of the wind, until the doors opened at just before seven.

We both really enjoyed the show, I have lost count of the number we have been to, not as many as some, by any means, but a lot! We both thought this was the best, we've always enjoyed the shows, very much indeed, but this one just had the edge.

It was great to see so many different artists sharing the stage and their contribution greatly added to the overall experience. I particularly enjoyed hearing a few songs from the 'old days' - Yellow, Creep and To Where You Are. Some of the songs from the new album are already favourites and one or two, I have not heard before. It was also great to see an almost full theatre. ;;

We already have tickets for Chichester and Arundel, but that seems like a long time. I am looking carefully at the list, to see if there is anything else we could manage!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 17:11 
Super Duper Fan

Review of The Love Songs Tour 2017

Sadly Mo and I have finished our run of March venue dates for attending the above concert. We did three in all, Tunbridge Wells, Worthing and Union Chapel – London.

Firstly it is good to see the venues selling out and the audiences being very appreciative of the content of the shows. Somebody I got speaking to at Worthing when I asked them if they enjoyed the show they said very much and what was there not to like. Being a fan of G4 since their first audition on X Factor back in 2004 it is nice to hear people saying that.

The lads start the show by coming out to sing a terrific rendition of Elton John’s “Your Song”. Their voices have matured and are so powerful. In some of the songs they each have their own solo part before coming in all together. Sheer delight to listen to them and to watch them – their facial expressions, hand gestures, how they stand, the timing and interaction with each other. How they put the songs over to the audience is magical and so entertaining. The lads really do work hard.

During the show they sing every song except for “I’ll Be There” from their new album “Love Songs” plus some old favourites. I will list the songs performed at the end. They will probably not be in the order as performed and I may have missed some out as they sang so many it is hard to remember them all.

Although this concert was not as upbeat as their last tour being love songs they did manage a few little wiggles and dance moves. The audience joined in by clapping along and singing when requested to. They each throw a red rose out to four lucky ladies in the audience and have a game with the three female musicians whereby only two receive a red rose from Nick. The third girls face is a picture as she realises there is no rose for her. Nicks face is a picture as he realises something is amiss and then wonders how he is going to make amends before presenting her with a rose plucked from up his sleeve.

Loved the suits the lads wore. First half of the show with white ties and in the second half with red ties. The suits look really great with the red ties. Also they had on nice shiny black shoes. Being all dressed the same and in suits does make a difference to how the group comes across on the stage.

Loved them singing with Lesley Garrett at Union Chapel. So pleased Lesley has again joined up with “the boys” as she calls them. Lesley has a beautiful voice and hearing her sing Barcelona with them was fantastic. The audience went wild.

Merrill Osmond was also at Union Chapel so Mike did not have to wear his cowboy’s hat to sing “Love Me For A Reason”. There were quite a lot of ladies in the audience that appreciated him being there.

Quite a few very well deserved standing ovations throughout all the shows I have been to. Everybody standing up and jigging about to “You’re the Voice”. Swaying along in their seats to some of the love songs being performed. You could tell the audiences were thoroughly enjoying what they were watching and hearing by the amount of applause, cheers and whistles.

The content of the concert is very well put together and the little funnies well thought up. To be treated to so many songs is amazing. I overheard somebody saying at Union Chapel we really are getting our money’s worth. Lads you were fantastic vocally and with your stage presence.

Union Chapel concert was being filmed to be made into a DVD. Will be nice to relive this concert venue.

I am pleased, and I know a lot of other fans are too, that Jonathan, Ben and Mike found Nick Ashby to join the group. He had a hard act to follow stepping into the shoes of Matt Stiff but we liked him straight away at his debut appearance with G4 at the Barbican.

So thank you Jonathan, Mike, Ben and Nick for the very entertaining concerts I was able to go to throughout March. Would like to have done more than three but was not possible. Still I have a couple in September to look forward to.

Thank you for your time after the shows as well.

Just leaves me to say Jonathan, Mike, Ben and Nick you looked fantastic, you sounded fantastic, you are absolutely BRILLIANT.

Cannot wait to see the show in September.

Love Shelley xxxx

List of songs performed:

From Love Songs album

Your Song
I’d Do Anything For Love
Love Changes Everything
A Million Love Songs
Everything I Do
Because We Believe
Can’t Help Falling In Love
Go The Distance
Love Me For A Reason
Amigos Para Siempre
All I Ask Of You
All Of Me

Past G4 Favourites:

Yellow
Creep
Danny Boy morphing into You Raise Me Up
Up To Where You Are
Jerusalem
My Way
You’re The Voice
Nussun Dorma
Bo Rhap
Barcelona
We’ll Meet Again

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017, 05:26 
Admin

One from Korea

김순화 added 18 new photos — with 최경아.
March 30 at 6:43pm ·
색소포니스트의 오프닝 멘트와 서주로 영화 보디가드의 테마가 울리고 마지막 종지의 긴호흡의 연주가 청중의 환호와 박수를 이끌어낼 때, 이 무드를 이어서 "G4"의 등장과 첫 연주는 시작된다. 각 노래마다엔 퍼포먼스와 조명이 화려했고 3,4곡씩 묶은 한 색션마다엔 객석과 무대 천정을 향한 상향의 조명이 번쩍이고 클라이막스 효과의 음향은 귀 얼얼하도록 웅장했다. 팝페라 콘셉트의 특별한 무대연출과 새롭던 영국씩 영어 딕션, 그리고 청중을 쥐락펴락하던 노련한 무대 매너가 일품이던 브리티시 팝페라 "G4"의 무대는 열기를 더해 갔다.

리더요 퍼스트 테너인 조나단의 음역이 하이음으로 치솟을 때마다 특유의 비브라토로 감상내내 긴장되기도 했지만 공연은 무사히 막을 내렸다. 특별히 스페셜 게스트인 소프라노 최경아는 4곡의 레퍼토리 중 Calling you, Padam Padam 등 자기의 기량을 보여줄 수 있었던 2곡의 솔로와 G4와의 앙상블 All I Ask of You, Canto della Terra 등 4대 1의 대결구도 속에서도 전혀 밀리지 않는 성량과 연주로 조화롭던 앙상블에서 그녀 특유의 카리스마를 발휘했다.

연주가 끝난후 로비에선 소프라노 최경아, kbs라디오 문화한마당 정진희 작가, 우대순샘, 서울예가 이경숙회장, 권영걸 계원예대총장, 광화문연가 조정혜대표와 함께 했다.

Quote:
Saxophone the opening of men and mainly because of the bodyguard movie theme is ringing the bell last long breath of playing in the audience cheering and clapping when these illiterate, because of the "G4" list of first and start playing . Each n every song performance and colorful lights and 3,4 songs each tie color Sean every nations passenger seat and the stage for a canopy, flashing lights of the climax and the effect of the sound to the ears numb was grand . Operatic Pop concept of special stage and threw a new British English for addiction, and the audience over rats were old and two on what the BRITISH OPERATIC POP "G4" stage of the adds to open Went.

Leader's first tenor in Jonathan's well station is high as a fragment of its own. Every time the rain bra toro listening to relax the whole time, but the show is safe and sound. Special special guest in soprano choi kyungah has 4 Tracks, Leopard Tori of calling you, dear Padam Padam etc of the show 2 songs were the solo and g4 and the ensemble all I ask of You, Della Terra Canto etc. 4 VS 1 matchup nine degrees in the military at all not on the voice and playing with harmony Rob Dunn ensemble in her special charisma to its capabilities.

After playing in the lobby Soprano Choi Kyung Oh, kbs radio culture yard, a writer, what ye soon Sam, this is an example of Seoul Kyung-Sook President, young girl Kye Horticulture University Chief, gwanghwamun hye yeon until football It was with him.