Home Search  Register
It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 08:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 672, 673, 674, 675, 676, 677, 678 ... 683  Next
 Post subject: Re: Good Morning
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 20:42 
Super Duper Fan

Evening,

Just popped in to say "Hi".
It has been a busy week sorting out the funeral, insurances, pensions etc.
I did'nt realise how much there was to do when someone dies.
Still got the flowers and the wake to sort out.

It has been so hot here all weekend and as most people know I am one of those miserable people who hate this weather.
I burn so easily and then peel so do not sit outside in the sun.
It also gives me awful headaches so I usually stay inside during the day.
Enough of my moaning.

On saturday evening we went for a walk on the Naze at Walton-on-Sea.
There was a cool breeze coming of the sea that was nice.

Stayed in most of the day on sunday then spent the evening at my brothers.
My niece and her family are on holiday here from Australia for a few weeks.

Cathy - Sorry you are still having to put up with that woman at work.

Hope you had a good weekend everyone.

xxxx

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 07:43 
Admin

Morning :wave

Nice and sunny again this morning altho was foggy at one point n drive in to work but to be warmer than yesterday they say ;; :cool

Stopped early yesterday to go the Physio ( still no reply from her upstairs - ignorant :soap: :soap: ) Got exercises to do and said that typing wasn't an ideal job for neck problems but on typing this I don't restrict my neck at back like he seemed to think :dunno: :dunno: I blame the air con altho not too bad in this weather but more when it's colder outside it pain me with the icy draught - neck support I have (very lightweight) does help to protect from the draught tho ;;

Work is guddling along and today is a busy day for me altho I notice she didn't do much once I left yesterday - I left at 2.30 and she was here until 5.00 and managed to do a whole 6 letters - all short ones as well so quite a lot left to start off with today :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap:

Yvonne - takes a bit of time to get organised and it's true, you don't realise how much until you have to do it all :: ::

:: :: to all and extra :: to any who need them

Byeeeeeee :wave

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2017, 07:14 
Admin

Duller and cooler this morning after a night of rainy weather but still 'muggy' - seems some places are having thunderstorms just now (Newcastle) - forecast is to brighten up a bit later on

Nothing much to report from here just now - all quiet on the babysitting front as they are at Centre Parcs in Cumbria so a wee holiday for us as well then - will probably be mayhem when they come back tho :roll: :roll:

Work is guddling along altho how she gets her day in is beyond me - never seen anyone so busy doing nothing !!!!!!!!!!! :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2017, 07:23 
Admin

Still dull but warm and muggy up here this morning - showers and thunder are forecast for today for a bit so we shall see - really need it to clear the air a bit

Nothing much to report as all quiet with the troops being away on holiday this week so no mid-week babysitting required

Work is guddling along as per

Hope all you southern bunnies are coping with the heat down there :phew: :phew: :phew: :cool :cool :cool

Byeeeeee :wave

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2017, 07:42 
Admin

Dull and a few spots of rain but nothing to write home about - forecast is to brighten up a bit thru the day tho

Nothing of interest to report on the home front, just the usual - get up, work, dinner, TV, sleep :roll: Have been struggling the past 2 days with a urine infection but just drinking as much as I can of water to try and flush it out - not like some who would have Nurses and Doctors running after her to get antis !!!! :soap: :soap:

Work is guddling along altho after my appointment with Physio on Monday I came in on Tuesday to notice a D/N at 2.10pm on the calendar for Thursday - as expected she never came back and was supposed to be my 4 finish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did hear a whispered conversation between her and another colleague about GP phoning to say appointment with District Nurse and summat about a referral - so :dunno: :dunno: but certainly never said anything to me and my 4 finish was on the calendar all week but she couldn't even say - no doubt she will have her 4 finish today as per the calendar !!!!!!!!! :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: Wouldn't have mattered if I had summat planned would it ??? :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap:

Byeeeeee :wave

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2017, 11:18 
Super Duper Fan

Morning. :wave

Rather a long time since I was here. Not sure what I have been so busy with, apart from work of course! The hot weather earlier in the week just knocked me out, we couldn't sleep, except for an hour or two and I spent a lot of time reading and watching TV. :roll:

Not sure what we can do about the problem, apart from proper air conditioning, which will be seriously expensive. Our bedroom is in the roof and it gets seriously hot up there, did consider sleeping on the sofas downstairs, as it was a bit cooler there but don't think we would have got much sleep there either! To-day is much cooler, which is such a relief! I know I shouldn't complain so much but I really don't like that much heat.

On the plus side, the garden has survived very well. We have watered it first thing in the morning and everything looks fine. As we were hoping to move from France for so long, I have masses of plants in pots, which need watering every day in summer, so it's all my fault!

Hope you are starting to feel better Cathy. :: DH has suggested we move up to Scotland, as it seems cooler there. ;)

I hope you will soon be finished with the funeral and your mother's estate Johanne. It seems to go on and on. We still have loose ends for my sister in law after three years. Absolutely love the photos of the traditional boats. :)

Hi to anyone else who may be around. Have a good week-end everyone. :wave

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2017, 07:41 
Super Duper Fan

Morning ladies :wave

Gosh its been a hot week here in Derbyshire :phew:

Not a lot to report really I have Finn and Isaac visiting for the day while dad is at work but there is a park day organised so will take them over there it will keep them occupied for a while especially Finn, I Isaac thinks 'playing' is a little beneath him now he goes to senior School in September .

We are coming up to Scotland on holiday for two weeks starting next Friday I hope you have some sunshine up there for us Cathy !!

Yvonne-Hope you have managed to sort everything regarding you mum now its a long old business ! Love the boat pics ! ;;

Claudette-I have tried to avoid too many pots in the garden so I aha bless watering, Hope all is completed with the French house now.

Cathy-Sorry to hear you haven't been to well, hope the UTI has cleared up now, about time you retired and left you awful colleague to it ! Not sure if you have seen the TV programme Outlander yet but it starts on More 4 on the 29th June definitely worth a watch !

Take care all

Kate

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2017, 08:51 
Super Duper Fan

We have the poppies that were at the Tower of London in Derby at the moment I went to photograph them the other evening

Titled the Weeping window they are beautiful if much smaller display than the tower

Kate

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017, 07:24 
Admin

Dull, slightly breezy but still warmish up here this morning - forecast is for some showers later on

Day off today as Podiatrist comes today - get her around every 8 weeks so a feet tret ;) ;) As it's our 36th weddings anniversary I will nip in for a quick sunbed and then have an Asda trip afterwards as she is coming at 10 today

Son3 and family arrived back from their hols in Centre Parc Cumbria on Friday night - poor Zara was in a state as she is scared from their wee Bishon puppy but while watching them all on Saturday the poor wee soul was obviously in pain - she couldn't stand up and said her hips was sore and had to be carried to toilet etc. discovered later on in the day that it was the bottom of her back was sore -felt really sorry for her :: When Mum came for them she ended up taking her to Hossie for a check - turns out the poor wee mite had inflamed ligaments in her back and they thought a bit of bone might have broken off so sent her for an X-ray but that was fine - reading it up it will take a few weeks to settle down adn she shouldn't lie down and rest but try and keep mobile going bit by bit to build it up - apparently she fell on a ball and they said the cycling after would have made it worse as it happened on holiday, so the poor wee sould was suffering all that time :2: :2: Lacey fell asleep up in Son2's bed and Halle was a right wee minx - could see a big difference in her in a week - taller with more hair growth and more steady standing on her feet but stil only taking a couple of steps on her own and a lot more vocal ................... :gig: :gig: She's eating us out of house and home when she comes !!!! :rofl :rof

Kate - lovely pics and very impressive looking - yes, Son1 got us an Amazon Fire Stcik at Chritmas so figured out the TV bit and watched Outlander - all 3 series - even DH got hooked on it but will be watching it all over again when it startes on Thursday Sky recorder is set ;; ;;

Byeeeeeeeee :wave

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 07:10 
Admin

Bit dreich out there this morning - dull and raining to you southern bunnies :gig: Forecast is to brighten up for a bit later on tho

All quiet on the western front - Zara is now back to normal after her back pain it seems

I do have to :gig: :gig: - just checked calendar and guess who is down for Physio on 11th - yep !!! Can't I do any appointment without her having to follow suit ?? :dunno: :dunno: Not gonna do filing this morning until it is official time to start 'cos she'll just faff around while I do all the typing - seems she only managed 14 letters yesterday and no doubt will be lamenting it was a God awful day yesterday -which it always seems to be when I'm not in :roll: :roll: 'Oh, woe is me !'

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2017, 07:15 
Admin

Dull but warm this morning and to brighten up later they say but at least it's not raining

Nothing much of interest to report just same old, same old

Next door had been up on Sunday to cut grass again, so said to him and he said he wasn't that keen as would block sunlight to the kitchen - errrrrrr, I pointed out that the sunlight came from the other direction but still not convinced - just being an awkward barsteward !!!!!! :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: Said to say to new owners - been on Market on and off for 3 years but as soon as SOLD sign on it that wall is coming down !!! Have contacted Lawyer and Council to get a boundary plan as I can't find it then we shall see, but as it's between properties, it shouldn't be a problem if we want to change material of it :dunno:

Work is guddling along altho took her all day yesterday to do Friday Meeting stuff !!!! :soap: :soap: Quiet just now as most at a yearly Meeting so not much work flying around

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 07:04 
Admin

Rainy and dull this morning but at least it is cooler than of late

Nothing much to report - all quiet unless you count Zara flooding the downstairs bathroom at home and switching the electric off !!!! :gig: :gig: and this is just the start of the summer holidays :roll: :roll: :gig: :gig:

Work is guddling along as per

Byeeeeeeee :wave

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 07:41 
Admin

Dull but dry at the moment and forecast is to brighten up later on

All quiet on the Western front just now - all keeping quiet ;; Not been feeling too good of late - with legs, stomach etc and generally very tired - never mind soon have a week off then it's her 2 weeks off so peace for 3 whole weeks soon ;; ;; ;;

Work is gudlding along altho Bossman thinks we should be giving out blood results to patients - errr, no it's not in the minutes of Meetings from way back and not in our contracts either - if she has time to do that to score 'brownie points' then she can get on with it, I ain't paid enough for that one - the Nurses get twice the wage we do, so up to them !!!!!!!!!! :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: On her flexi today so peace ;;

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 07:25 
Admin

Mild but dull up here just now altho the cows were lying in the middle of the fields (old fashioned weather forecasting ;) ) so that bodes for a good day later on I expect

Nothing much to report - had kiddies for a bit last night and Halle is now walking on her own so trouble ahead :gig: :gig: Zara had cut her hair - seems she was eating a giant marshmallow and got it stuck in her hair and rather than go to Mum she decided to cut it out !!! :roll: :roll: She can't wait to go to school :gig: :gig:

Work is guddling along and I left on Friday with all done and dusted so nothing to do for a bit this morning but a little filing in here

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 17:20 
Super Duper Fan

Afternoon,

Very hot again today.
Yesterday we went to Southwold and parked at the harbour.
We walked along the harbour and over the bridge to Walberswick where we stopped for a cup of tea then walked back to the bridge and then to the car.
It was very hot and as I burn badly had to wear a long sleeved thin shirt over my t-shirt.

Don't know what I am doing wrong but photobucket won't let me share photos. Instead of going yellow when trying to post them it keeps going blue.

Kate - Love the poppy photos.
My son was given one of the original poppies on his birthday a couple (I think) years ago.

Claudette - Like you I cannot stand this heat.
When most people strip off I caver up.
I also have many plants in pots and it seems to take ages keeping them all watered.

Cathy - It is not fair that you have to work with that wretched woman.
She should not be allowed to get away with the way she is.

It's my mothers funeral tomorrow.

xxxxxxxxxx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 672, 673, 674, 675, 676, 677, 678 ... 683  Next