Home Search  Register
It is currently 24 Apr 2017, 02:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Reviews G4 - Christmas by Candlelight 2016
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 10:10 
Super Duper Fan

Thank you Cathy the concert was so delightful so wonderful so moving , wish I was going tonight but my turn again is soon so just have to wait

Best football team: Arsenal

Post subject: Re: G4 - Christmas by Candlelight 2016
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 11:01 
Super Duper Fan

Lincoln 23 Nov
Shirley and I went to Lincoln the night before.
The floodlit cathedral soared in the night sky. Magical! We sneaked into the cathedral at about 5 to see if they were rehearsing. There they were with the choir! We sat quietly at the back of the rows. We could hear their voices clearly without distortion. I did not see any mics or amps. They sounded wonderful :angel: I tip towed through the nave and went forward to check if any mics. There was one at the corner and another one where Andy and the piano were. The sound was big enough for me. And so I wished they were not going to add anything as it sounded perfect. 3 of the boys went off the stage, leaving Mike who remained still in discussion with the team. We went to the other side of the cathedral to admire the Angel Choir with the Crazy Vault, where we bumped into Nick. They would be in meet and greet at 6PM; we wondered if they had time to eat :roll:
We went off to town, walked down the wet street called 'Steep Hill' which was also littered with fallen leaves. That was scary to go down!
After a cuppa in town, it was time for the door to open. As we went in, we did not see any familiar faces but it was very much packed. It was good to see the venue filled with new faces, rather than regulars. (I mean, G4 can attract so many audiences. No offence to the regulars :P ) I bumped into Norma, and Shirley saw Christine and Colin. And so there were some of us. We were next to the central aisle in row 'O' but felt we were pretty close to them. Before the concert started, Andy was playing guitar. Andy also played in the interval. no break for Andy! but it was really nice to have live music instead of recorded one.
G4 appeared dark blue jacket with red tie with handkerchief in the upper pocket as you can see in the photo. They looked very smart. Their voices sounded fantastic! Don't ask me the order of the songs, as I decided to concentrate on appreciating their voices as they come, instead of thinking about the song order. they started with 'All I want is You' if I remember it right. Most of the music come from their Christmas Album but they also sang 'You Never Walk Alone' and 'Can't Help Falling in Love'. It must be one of the next album. They were accompanied by Andy's guitar, organ and All for One choir.

As it revealed later, they had little mics attached to their headed. Ben's wasn't working. And so, Ben had to hold a mic. However, there wasn't excessive volume, echo or ramble. I was able to appreciate their voices as if they had no mic. Their voices and accompaniments were well balanced and mixed. And so, I was really happy. Happiest since the last 'G4 Unplugged'. :angel:d
If I am critical, the only one which I felt a little out of balance was 'Can't help falling in Love'. Jonathan was not singing the main tune, but it was Mike and Nick. Jonathan was singing 'descant' but his voice soared above other boys. Although as much I love Jonathan's voice,I had problem recognising what song they were singing before I realised it was Mike and Nick who were singing the main tune.

The 'G4 Christmas star' was little Alex. He looked younger than 9 years. He had a star quality, as he seemed unscathed in the big occasion and was very sweet and charming. The boys looked after him very well on stage and Jonathan carried him on his shoulders to bring him back to his seat after the solo singing.
After the encore with 'Christmas Medley' the concert was sadly ended.
We went to meet the boys near the exit. They surely gained new fans from All for One choir. they were taking a photo. They climbed up on the table and as you can see in the photo on : twitter.com/Allforonechoirs?lang=en
Jonathan fished out the banner to be included. I stood next to it, waited my turn.
I told them I was very happy with the sound. Mike told me they (the venue) improved the sound system. I hope it will be that way, everywhere in the future. Don't ever go back to blastings amps drowning and distorting beautiful voices, please!

Last edited by kay on 25 Nov 2016, 23:08, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Reviews G4 - Christmas by Candlelight 2016
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 18:52 
Super Duper Fan

What a super review Kay thank you
You could not go into St James beforehand so left Sheila who had m and g with others then Caroline and I had a wonder around then went into the queue
I saw Sheila who said take her seat as she going into front row as there space next to Marian.
I thought lovely of her to ask and took her up on her offer.
Order of the songs(wrote it down) but can not understand my own writing so probaly left out a song or 2
All I want for Christmas
Amazing Grace
Little town of Bethelem
Good king W
Panis Angelicus
Once in royal David's city had lovely singerHolley
When achild is born
Silent night
O holy night
Ava Maria
Away in a manger
You never walk alone
Bring him home
o come all ye faithful
I can't help falling in love
o come all ye faithful
nessun dorma
Christmas medley
Bring him home got Jonathan all choked up
They had someone from Missing people who gave a lovely spiel
Holly who had won search for Christmas Star extremly talented
Guest choir West End MT very enjoyable
Jon said that they will have special guests for March for Union Chapel concert
The lads as always so wonderful signing autographs they had someone to take photos
Groundhog day please I got to wait to Derby I am so hooked just can not wait but have to until I see them again

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 19:15 
Super Duper Fan

Add on
The song good King Wenceslas
Nick sung the lines of King Wenceslus
Jonathan sung the lines of the servant
Ben and Mike sung the other lines

Post subject: Re: G4 - Christmas by Candlelight 2016
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2016, 10:26 
Super Duper Fan

Had lovely meet and greet at Bournemouth. Mulled wine and plenty of mince pies. The guys were wonderful, singing a Christmas song to us when they came in, and then coming round to everyone in turn. I chatted and got my official programme signed by them, and than Wanda kindly took 2 photos of me with them, and I did the same for her. I had centre front row seat and the concert was absolutely wonderful! I did not want it to finish. Afterwards I said goodnight to them all and Nathan and got taxi home, where I booked same seat for 2017! I printed the ticket off myself, so no worrying about the post next year.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2016, 10:44 
Super Duper Fan

Had lovely meet and greet at Bournemouth. Mulled wine and plenty of mince pies. It was held in a separate chapel in the church grounds. The boys came in singing a Christmas song, and then came round to each of us in turn. I chatted, gave them their Christmas cards and got my tour programme signed and Wanda kindly took 2 photos of me with the boys, and I took one of the four of them together.. I took 2 photos of Wanda with them for her.

The concert was wonderful from start to finish. I didn't want it to end. I had centre front row seat. Afterwards I waited until the end of the queue, and said goodnight to each of them and to Nathan and to Wanda and got taxi home, where I booked the same seat for 2017! I printed my ticket so don't have to worry about the post next year.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2016, 10:27 
Super Duper Fan

On Thursday evening, I was lucky enough to drive only 15 minutes to a concert! Such a difference to crossing the channel every time, as we have done right from the very beginning.

We lived in Chichester for sixteen years before going to France and fortunately, the car parks were still in the same place, so parking wasn't really an issue! However, all the restaurants had moved, changed hands, or simply disappeared, so finding somewhere to eat was a bit harder. The Dolphin and Anchor, opposite the cathedral was full, so we headed down South Street and found a nice Italian in what used to be the White Horse pub.

We had seats in the sixth row, as I had booked on the first day tickets were available and it was great to see the cathedral full, right to the very back and even all the seats in the side aisles taken. I think I might try to get a bit nearer the front next time though, as trying to look around the people in front, I couldn't see all four of the boys at the same time.

Thank you, Natalie, for the list of songs! I would never have remembered them all! The highlights for me, and judging by the reaction of the rest of the audience, the same for most people were Bring Him Home, Jerusalem and Nessun Dorma.

We both really enjoyed the medley of Christmas song right at the end too, and we can't stop singing Let It Snow! I'm expecting complaints from the neighbours soon!

A wonderful evening and the ultimate in feel good factor! :clapp :clapp We left feeling really cheerful and some of that same feeling is still with us. Just about to book for next year. :)

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2016, 16:02 
Major Fan

Thank you for your lovely review Claudette. I was also at the concert at Chichester and thought it was excellent. My friends and I were in row I and had a great view. I also live only 15 minutes from Chichester which was just as well as we normally go by train and they were on strike. One of my friends' daughter took us and my husband collected us. We have already booked for next year and have managed to get seats in row C.
My niece is in the choir that accompanied them. It is the first time she has seen them and thought they were really good. Unfortunately she was taken ill two days before they were due to perform at Portsmouth and was really upset so she was so excited when she heard they were going to do Chichester. I thought everything they sang was fantastic but like you really enjoyed Bring Him Home, Nessum Dorma and The Christmas Medley at the end was fun and really got us in the Christmas mood. We queued up to see them at the end and they really looked tired but now I have read they were at The Albert Hall at lunchtime I can see why. But it made no difference to the greeting they gave us and were happy to pose for photos. Can't wait to see them at Worthing.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 11:07 
Super Duper Fan

We're going to Worthing too Doreen, about an hours drive for us this time, but I'm not complaining!

The poor boys, performing twice in one day, not surprising they were looking tired. :roll:

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 13:18 
Admin

G4 Official Retweeted
Alex Belfield ‏@celebrityradio Dec 7
5* Flawless vocal magnificence @G4Official tonight @DerbyCathedral.

Just stunning!

Checkout our NEW interview:

Quote:
5* Review G4 Christmas Tour
Review G4 Christmas Tour 2016…

Let me be clear – G4 offered a 5* example of flawless vocal magnificence tonight!

Candlelight has become a much loved tradition. It wouldn’t be Christmas without G4….

The vocal synergy, talent and prowess of these 4 gifted (incredibly kind, genuine, generous & humble) fellas is never more powerful than at this time of year.

The Candlelight show is truly magical and the epitome of a perfect Christmas concert.

G4 have never sounded more tremendous with no whizzes and bangs, just pure Live talent!

Their collective vocals tonight were stunning throughout.

Derby Cathedral (quite rightly) was sold out and packed tonight. Inspiring. Glorious!

Book early for G4 Live in March, September & ‘Christmas by Candlelight’ 2017 – stopping everywhere from St Ives to Dublin with over 50 Live dates already confirmed!

Order G4’s CHRISTMAS CD via AMAZON below and GET TOUR DATES HERE!

Enjoy G4 & Alex in a NEW & Exclusive Christmas interview talking about their plans for 2017:

The boys re-formed in Nov 2014 after a 7 years apart adding th.e brilliant Nick Ashby added on bass.

Since then they’ve performed 4 sell-out tours across the UK. G4 Stars original members Ben Thapa, Mike Christie & Jonathan Ansell.

G4 are a class act offering pitch-perfect, effortless and moving killer vocals and a compelling Live confidence perfectly pitched at their clearly dedicated, loyal & adoring fans.

Nods also go to Perfect Pitch tonight who were glorious & the adorable Alex Marriott who stole the show with ‘The Snowman’ aged 9.

Tonight was a 5* masterclass in delivery, tone and performance. Songs like ‘Away in a manger’ were just beautiful.

I have NEVER seen a Cathedral more packed! This was the perfect venue for their hugely gifted and undeniably angelic voices.

There tone, unity and vocal connection has never been more impressive, compelling or immersive.

G4 are not fakers – Jonathan, Mike, Ben & Nick currently harmonise like no-one else in British music.

Here’s a flavour of the Live show with ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ from 2015….

[youtube]https]://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOJOQXynQVk[/youtube]

‘Oh Holy Night’ might not only be one of the most beautiful songs ever written, but G4’s performance at the Derby Cathedral this evening may well be their most beautiful, moving and perfect 4 minutes on stage ever!

This concert had the perfect mix of the very traditional carols to the glorious opening of ‘All I want for Christmas is you’.

Moments in the second half including ‘Bring Him Home’ & electrifying.

With remarkable lead tenor vocals by Jonathan Ansell, showcased superbly during ‘Panis Angelicus’, Jon equally blended perfectly during their impeccable harmonies.

All of the boys shone tonight – these boys are blessed & make it look effortless.

With the powerful and electrifying church organ used in tracks like ‘Oh Come All Ye Faithful’, this will no doubt be the soundtrack of Christmas morning for 1000’s.

With spiritual tones throughout, ‘Amazing Grace’ couldn’t be more appropriate this Christmas after a politically depressing and tough year of loss & tough economy.

G4 do not need a philharmonic orchestra, like with ‘Once In Royal’ their vocals are utterly captivating a cappella.

‘G4 Candlelight Christmas’ is a 5* Live delight for anyone seeking none-stop Christmas indulgence, showmanship, stage presence and vocal brilliance.

Interview & review by Alex Belfield for Celebrity Radio 7th December 2016.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 13:40 
Super Duper Fan

Managed to get to Llandaff Cathedral, I was determined to get there ill or not.

My daughter, granddaughter and neighbour came with me.

It was wonderful. Truly a Christmas spirit throughout the Cathedral. The singing was superb and we all sang along with them with great enthusiasm.

They never disappoint their fans, they were happy, funny and a joy to see.

My granddaughter hadn't seen them before, she really enjoyed it and wants to know 'when are we going again Nan' lol Think they have a new recruit.

Love Modaisy x